SKC Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics of the Souhegan Kennel Club
as given here is copied from the pamphlet
"Souhegan Kennel Club, Inc. Constitution, By-Laws and Code of Ethics as approved December 20, 2000"
and might contain typos or other errors.
For a correct and up-to-date copy of the Code of Ethics contact a member of the SKC Board of Directors.
- I will follow the rules of good sportsmanship in all dog-related activities.
- I will promote humane treatment for all dogs.
- I will consistently provide adequate food, shelter, and health care for my dogs.
- I will work persistently to improve the quality of my breed in both temperament and conformation,
including refusing the use of my stud dogs when necessary.
- I will try to educate every prospective purchaser in the responsibilities of dog ownership.
- I will fully explain to all prospective purchasers the disadvantages as well as the advantages of owning my breed.
- I will refuse to sell to wholesalers or pet shops and I will require the owners of bitches using my stud dogs to do the same.
- I will use written documents such as bill of sale, contracts, and current health certificates in my transactions.
- I will promote the neutering or spaying of all pet quality puppies I sell.